My fantastic co-worker Erin recently suggested writing a top 10 post about my favorite things of the moment. I loved the idea, and started writing. It turns out, I am incapable of simply listing favs without talking ad nauseum about why they’re so great. The post soon got out of hand. Waaaayyyy too long.
So instead, how about regular “Favorite Things” posts about beauty, foods, movies, etc? I list mine and I’d LOVE it if you guys would share yours too…
Without further ado, here’s my debut Favorite Things list:
- Korres Lip Butter: I have it in Jasmine, Pomegranate, and Wild Rose. These babies are super hydrating and make my lips baby soft. They’re not sticky and the sheer colors are pretty.
- Lipstick Queen lipstick in Trance: I found these when looking for my wedding lipstick. Anthropologie carries this set that’s great for checking out the brand. I wear each of the three, but definitely Trance more than any other lipstick I own. It’s a medium raspberry pink with sheer coverage and just a hint of blue to help the teeth look whiter. It also does a pretty good job moisturizing.
- OPI nail drying drops, just got these and they rock. Not only do my nails dry faster, it moisturizes my cuticles too. That surprised me, I thought it would dry them out, but it contains oil and… OK, I have no idea how it does what it does, but it totally works.
- Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20. It’s medium coverage, feels amazing, and looks very natural. I’m almost out of my first bottle and about to reorder, which is amazing for me, I’ve been product jumping with foundation for years.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35. I have adult acne and sometimes with a bad outbreak the Armani isn’t enough coverage. This product is thicker and covers the really ugly stuff better. I also love this for traveling, as I can pack fewer items since the BB creams also contain moisturizer and primer. Time saving all-in-one? Yes please!
- Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Grey-Khaki. This has been my go to daytime casual eyeliner for over a decade. I have blonde eyelashes so without eyeliner and mascara I look anemic. The Grey-Khaki is the perfect neutral and wakes my eyes up without overdoing it. The color is versatile, stays put fairly well, and it costs less than five dollars. In a pinch I’ve used it as eyebrow pencil too. I’m a huge fan.
What are your favorite beauty products?